I wasn’t going to write anything today because, as I said to The Boyfriend earlier, The Baby has caused me no grief and no guilt lately.
Which made me stop and think for two reasons. One, am I really only blogging about bad stuff, and if so surely that’s not healthy. And two, maybe the fact that there is no grief or guilt floating around my little world at the moment is a good reason to blog. So, Michelle Twin Mum, I’m linking to your Reasons to be Cheerful this week. And here’s why:
1. The Baby is sleeping. Really, really sleeping. She always has three naps in the day, sometimes for over an hour each time, and she sleeps all the way through the night for eleven or twelve hours. This is amazing. She is smiley, happy and contented. She is no longer grumpy, tearful and miserable. I am no longer grumpy, tearful and miserable. Mummy and Baby couldn’t be better.
2. (That last sentence isn’t strictly true, but you know, for the sake of a happy blog, let’s just pretend). The sun has been shining rather a lot this week. It makes getting up easier and it makes me smile.
3. I’m feeling pretty OK, depression-wise, lately. Less anxiety, less grumpiness, less snappiness, more tolerance, more smiles. For now, at least, I’m on the right road.
4. We are having a new bathroom fitted soon. I will finally be able to condition my hair again after months of dry, chewy-ended hair, due to the lack of shower. Conditioning your hair in a bath without mixer taps and water-pressure on a par with a mild drizzle, is not possible.
5. This week I returned to work part-time. I now work three days a week. Two of these days are Mondays and Fridays. This means I will not be working a full part-time week for the next three weeks. Get in.
I planned to write three things. I wrote five. Life’s better than I realised.